1. Tell three observations you made when you examined the surface of the eye:
2. Identify the following structures:
3. Name the three layers you sliced through when you cut across the top of the eye:
4. Match the following parts of the eye to their function: (ciliary body, sclera, iris, retina, lens, & tapetum lucidum)
____________________ Contains the photoreceptors
____________________ The colored portion of the eye.
____________________ This structure changes shape to focus light on the retina.
____________________ The opening in the iris through which light passes.
____________________ The iridescent portion of the choroid layer in nocturnal animals.
____________________Consists of muscles, which control and shape the lens.
____________________ The white of the eye.
4. Use the pictures below to name the parts of the eye: