1. In what phylum & kingdom are the vertebrates found?
2. List the classes of vertebrates.
3. Discuss the characteristics of chordates & vertebrates.
4. What were the 1st vertebrates & describe them?
6. Describe a hagfish.
7. In what group are lampreys & hagfish found & why?
10. What are the 2 classes of jawed fish?
11. What is in the class Chondrichthyes & what traits do they have in common.
13. Sketch a ray or skate & describe them.
16. Give several examples of ray-finned fish & describe them.
17. Name 2 lobe-finned fish & describe both of them.
18. What was the 1st group of vertebrates to move onto land? What is in this group?
29. How can snakes swallow such large prey?
33. What class contains birds?
34. From what did birds probably evolve?
35. What are the distinguishing features of birds?
37. Birds are endotherms. What does this mean?
38. Name some flightless birds.
39. Name some swimming birds.
41. What in female mammals produces milk?
42. What is mammalian hair made of & give its 4 functions.
43. What bones are modified in mammals to help them hear sounds?
44. Name a flying mammal.
45. Give examples of mammals that are herbivores.46. Give examples of mammals that are carnivores.
47. What mammal is a thinker & toolmaker?
48.Name 7 adaptations of mammals.
49.Give examples of monotremes & tell their characteristics. Tell where they are found.
51. Most mammals are placentals. What does this mean?
52. What is gestation? Do all mammals have the same gestation period?
54.Name the 12 orders of placental mammals & give an example of an animal in each order.