Lab 8 Population Genetics Write Up
Read and summarize the lab introduction being sure to include both HW equations and what each variable stands for, explain what a population is and what type of population HW applies to, list and explain the 5 assumptions necessary for HW to be true, and be sure to give a brief description (not the procedures) for each of the 4 cases in the lab.
Use the objective (s) for the lab and write them into a single statement for your hypothesis.
In sentence form list the materials you will need including paper, pencil, PTC paper, index cards, and calculator.
Type 4 paragraphs, one for each case study. Remember to write in paragraph form without numbering steps.
Data & Analysis:
· Include the 4 case study sheets with all calculations completed
· Write out and answer the questions from your lab sheet. Remember to underline the question, but not the answer.
· Write out and answer the questions at the end of Lab 8 in your lab manual. Remember to underline the question, but not the answer.
· Explain the effect each of the situations had on the allele frequencies and genotypic frequencies (include supporting data)
· Explain why each condition could or could not actually occur in nature
· Explain the effect natural selection has on recessive traits
· Explain how the HW law helps determine whether evolution is occurring